Aleksandras Stulginskis University is a university in Lithuania, in Akademija, west of Kaunas. It was renamed from Lithuanian University of Agriculture in 2011.HistoryAfter restructuring the Agronomy–Forestry Department at the University of Lithuania (in Kaunas) and Dotnuva Agricultural College, the Agricultural Academy was established on September 3, 1924 in Dotnuva.The Council of Professors and the first rector of the academy, professor P. Matulionis, were elected. Despite the complicated economic situation in Lithuania and that the government could hardly support the newly established higher school, the academy developed and grew stronger. In 1924–1937, 125 graduates passed the final examinations and defended diploma theses. However, World War II disrupted usual work. Many of the professors and lecturers from the academy were deported to Siberia, and others were able to escape deportation by withdrawing to Western countries.In 1945 the academy was transferred to Kaunas. In the beginning of 1946 Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization and Faculty of Water and Land Exploitation were established. As the number of students increased and Extramural department was established, it was decided to build a new campus of Lithuanian Academy of Agriculture in the outskirts of Kaunas. In 1964 the academy was moved to the new campus in Noreikiškės, suburb of Kaunas.