Via Solferino, 17
Telephone: +39 02 655 2258
A Short History of All Saints’
In April 1896 the City gave us the opportunity to purchase a piece of land which included an old granary in Via Solferino. It was an offer too good to refuse and the property was successfully negotiated. So rapidly did the necessary modifications go forward that our new home was ready for dedication and worship by the then Bishop of Gibraltar on All Saints’ Day, 1897. However, it was to be another 12 years before All Saints’ was consecrated. Records show that this took place during a special ceremony in October 1909 by another former Bishop of Gibraltar.
In 1963 a plan to build an apartment and parish room on top of the church was approved. The project was completed in two years and was funded largely by British businesses in Milan.
In 1994 the building was found to be in danger of collapse due to the weight of the upper floor and had to be abandoned. But a generous bequest allowed us to carry out some urgently needed repairs and, in 1997, the church was re-opened in time for our centenary celebrations.
In early 2006 a major Planned Giving Campaign was launched with the aim of furthering what has already been achieved. Like those who have worshipped here in the past, we in our own time clearly recognise that, AS AN ENTIRELY SELF-FUNDING CHURCH, it is now our task and mission to secure an Anglican-Episcopal presence in Milan for generations to come.