উন্নত সমৃদ্ধ পার্বত্য চট্টগ্রাম বিনির্মাণে নিবেদিত
Dedicated to build a Developed and Prosperous Chittagong Hill Tracts
* Development of rural road and infrastructure.
* Poverty reduction though Socio-economic Rehabilitation.
* Introduction of sustainable land use technology.
* Welfare of mother and children.
* Human resource development.
* Developed road communication.
* Education institution within the reach of children.
* Developed agricultural infrastructure.
* Poverty reduction of poor jumia families though rubber and mixed fruit gardening.
* Capacity building and empowerment of local communities.
* Adequate facilities for sports cultural activities.
* Developed tourism area that generates income for local communities.
* Ethnic diversity
* Scarcity of cultivable Land
* Hilly Terrain
The Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Board (CHTDB ) was established as an autonomous body by an Ordinance (Ordinance No. LXXVII of 1976) of the President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in 1976 to undertake the responsibility of socio- economic and infrastructural development of this hilly region in the background of inefficient road network, poor literacy rate, absence of necessary infrastructure paucity of safe drinking water, inadequate health care and sanitation and many other draw backs of the region. CHTDB’s tireless endeavor for last couple of decades to address all those issues brought a significant change in the socio economic condition and infrastructural development in this region.
The functions of the Board are to:
* A Chairman and a Vice-Chairman appointed by the government.
* Four Full-time members appointed by the government (for Administration, Finance, Planning and Implementation respectively).
* Deputy Commissioners of Rangamati, Khagrachari & Bandarban are the part time members of the Board.
Linkage between the people of CHTs and the board is ensured through a Consultative Committee comprising of
* The Chairman of the Board as Chairman
* Three Circle chiefs as member
* Three representatives of UP Chairmen of three hill districts as member
* Three representatives of Headmen of three Circles as member
* Chief executive officers of three Hill District Councils as nominated members
The Board appoints such officers and employees it considers necessary for the performance of its functions on such terms and conditions, as it deems fit. The Board has its own Fund, largely in the form of a non-taxable revolving fund granted by the Government, details of which could not be ascertained, Annually the Board submits to the Government a budget for the financial year showing the estimated receipts and expenditure and the sums that are likely to be required from the Government in the financial year. The Board is furth
|Gegründet||Established in 1976|