|Über uns||The Dun Mhuire Theatre is available to drama groups, Wexford Drama Festival, concerts, musical societies, Tops of the Town and bingo.|
Originally the Dun Mhuire building was first the residence of the late Richard Devereux, one of Wexford's old-time ship owners.
In later years it became a presbytery and then it passed into the hands of the Royle Irish Constabulary who were barracked there for many years. When they vacated it in 1922 the Garda Siochana took over.
When the Gardai moved into their then new station in Roche's Road, the building was taken over as the head quarters of the Praesidium of the Legion of Mary Hall, and also the Catholic Girls' Club.
The Dun Mhuire Theatre opened its doors in Wexford on Sunday, 4th December 1960, by the Most Rev. Dr. Staunton, Lord Bishop of Ferns, followed by a concert staring Veronica Dunne, Michael Murphy and the Artane Boys' Band.
For booking details or queries please contact Voluntary Administrator: Jacqui Whelan on 086 2885942