• April 16 through April 20, 2018:
Carbon Cube Display in the Central Mall - Visual Representation of Carbon Dioxide Gas Emitted from One Gallon of Gasoline.
Join GCC's Trip Reduction Program to reduce carbon emissions by using alternative transportation (carpool / vanpool / bike / walk / bus). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a carpool parking pass and more ideas to reduce emissions.
• April 16, 2018:
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Kimberly Smith, Chemistry Faculty, will present "Going Green 101" in MA-142 (Math building). Presentation is on the basics of climate change with supporting data.
• April 17, 2018:
– 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Earth Day Vendors @ Central Mall
– 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Student Posters presented by BIO182. In SU-100B (Student Union building).
• April 18, 2018:
6:45 a.m. 11th Annual Dumpster Dive: Sign-in begins at 6:45 a.m. and the Dumpster Dive begins at 7:00 a.m. just west of the LMC (Library Media Center) on the Central Mall lawn. Volunteers will sort through an entire day of waste to see how many recyclables are in the waste stream. Gloves and masks will be supplied. The dive should last about 45 to 50 minutes.
– 1:00 p.m.: Dumpster Dive XI Results in MA-142 (Math building)
– 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Spring Movie, "Bag It: Is Your Life Too Plastic?" Screening will take place in MA-142. (Math building)
**First 50 attendees will receive a gift courtesy of Grand Canyon University.
Movie Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRjPkl_4lmM
• April 19, 2018
– 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Student Posters presented by BIO182 in SU-100B. Backyard Biology AM / Sustainability Projects PM
• 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Green Commute Lunch & Learn - Valley Metro Commute Solutions will do a presentation about green commute options (transit, carpool, vanpool, share-the-ride) in A-123. (Administration building) Light lunch will be provided.
• 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Erik Gergus, Biology Faculty, will present "Expedition Sulawesi! Discovering Secrets of a Tropical Forest" in MA-142 (Math building).