|Über uns||Are you a grandparent or wish you were? Do you enjoy working and playing with children? Are you 55 yrs. or older? Call & join the team today!|
Foster Grandparents volunteer in various settings:
- Head Start Programs
- After school programs
Foster Grandparents may help children who have been abused or neglected and mentor troubled teens.
The heart of the program is the one-on-one daily attention that the Foster Grandparents provide. This special attention gains confidence in a child and helps them become productive members of our society.
There are children in your community that need help with:
- Socialization Skills
There are children in your community that could benefit from:
- A close association with a responsible, caring, non-judgmental adult.
There are children in your community who don't have grandparents. You could help with their reading, socialization, play & math skills. At the same time you would be providing a very special and important adult connection for the child.
By helping the children of today you will be helping the community of tomorrow.
The heart of the program is the one-on-one daily attention that Foster Grandparents provide. This special care helps young people grow, gain confidence and become more responsible and productive members of society.
In improving the lives of the children you serve, Foster Grandparents also profoundly enrich their own lives. Our program serves children & youth in ALL of these counties:
Flathead, Lake, Lincoln, Mineral, Ravalli and Sanders
Foster Grandparents are:
- 55 years or older (Oct. 2009)
- everyday people who enjoy children! (special training/education not required)
- required to serve between 15-40 hours per week
Foster Grandparents receive:
- pre-assignment orientation and monthly training through the local Foster Grandparent Program.
- some assistance with transportation expenses
- meals during their service
- an annual physical examination
- accident and liabilty insurance while volunteering
- a background check is conducted on every volunteer
Foster Grandparents (who qualify) receive:
- a modest tax-free stipend
Successful Foster Grandparents come from all walks of life and many varied backgrounds. They share a commitment to their communities, especially the youth of their communities.
Contact us: Foster Grandparent Program, Western Montana Area VI Agency on Aging, 110 Main St., Ste# 5, Polson, MT 59860 406-883-7284