|Über uns||Official Hellenic American Union page.|
|Mission||Founded in 1957, the Hellenic American Union is a public-service institution with an international focus and strong community commitment, dedicated to providing opportunities for a diverse range of audiences to encounter and benefit from innovative educational programs and cultural events. These programs are developed independently by the institution or in partnership with European and American educational and cultural organizations and aim to directly address emergent social or economic needs.|
The institution is a not-for-profit association with historic ties to the United States and program links to Western European, American and Balkan institutions but is wholly autonomous and self-financing. Its non-profit status enables the institution to use income earned in its fee-bearing activities to subsidize a large number of free community-service activities and resources, such as its program of cultural events, its Library, youth outreach programs and teacher training seminars.
The Hellenic American Union is committed to providing equal opportunities for all members of its public and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, physical disability, or veteran status in its student admissions, recruitment, employment, evaluation, and advancement policies.
Since its establishment, the Hellenic American Union has encouraged the creation of a multicultural atmosphere in all its activities, welcoming students and visitors from all over the world. It is estimated that to date 2,000,000 persons from approximately 75 countries have enjoyed its services.
Environmental Education with EcoFans Club.
The EcoFans Club is a program designed to raise and promote environmental awareness and consciousness through an educational process combining ecology and English language learning.
The EcoFans Club aims to:
• instill an appreciation of the value of each individual and the importance of responsible social and community behavior
• develop a sense of environmental awareness among its members of the environment and help them communicate this awareness to others through their own example
• develop opportunities for direct environmental action in areas such as recycling, energy conservation, water and air pollution.
Find their group on Facebook: Friends of the EcoFans Club
This is a fan p
The Hellenic American Union:
* provides accessible, market-relevant, results-oriented training programs that lead to broadly recognized certification and draw upon innovative developments in educational technology and methodology. These programs range from basic skills training in foreign languages and computer literacy and vocational training programs to continuing professional education and higher education degree
* provides executive and diplomatic training to Governments and Embassies from member states in the European Union, including Greece. Additionally, over the years, Hellenic American Union expert trainers have trained groups from a variety of professions to function effectively and communicate in a range of diplomatic and international relations settings
* organizes high-visibility conferences and workshops that bring together policy-makers, technical experts, journalists and other professionals from Greece and abroad to address pressing social, economic and technological issues of current concern
* forges partnerships with organizations, institutions and individuals in Europe, Asia and the United States to promote an awareness of innovative cultural and educational developments in these countries and foster an appreciation of cultural diversity and pluralism, and at the same time to promote similar developments in Greek society and culture abroad
* develops, publishes and disseminates learning resources that complement classroom training, including educational textbooks, audio and video cassettes and CD-ROM material, or in some instances replace conventional classroom instruction, as is the case in the institution's distance education programs
* develops, organizes and presents cultural programs in the visual and performing arts, as well as conferences, lecture series, artist workshops and demonstrations
* serves as a responsible institutional citizen in Greek society, both at the local and national level, by making its resources and facilities availabl