|Über uns||Yes, the time is well overdue for the HUTT REGION to have its own radio station! The time's come for Wellington's mature citizens to have radio geared to their interests. Hutt Radio is both a community station -- and (sort of) access radio.|
Yes, the time is well overdue for the HUTT REGION to have its own radio station! The time's come for Wellington's older citizens to have radio geared to their interests.
Hutt Radio is both a community station -- and access radio. Servicing the Hutt Region, both Upper & Lower Hutt cities. It's by-and-for the more mature citizens of Greater Wellington.
Within our fundamental aims we'll be ensuring that all minorities, as listed in the 1989 Broadcasting Act, gain fair access to the airwaves.
Same goes for all appropriate incorporated-and-informal community groups, clubs, organisations, NFPs, cultural-and-national communities, and suchlike.
To fulfill our pledge that "we will remember them", we'll ensure a daily on-air presence on behalf of RSAs. And daily Big Print Radio news/current affairs slots, & other programmes for the age-related sight-impaired.
Hutt Radio: 12 Basic Points
* a Community radio station
* incorporating the Access Radio format
* for the older age groups - including 3rd agers
* as well as the Hutt Region
* the studio at NaeNae
* transmitter Naenae (up the hill eventually!)
* frequency: 106.1 FM
* coverage area: Greater Wellington
* RSA support ... "we will remember them"
* Big Print Radio
* emergency, civil and civic services conduit
* limited advertising and sponsorship
Irirangi Heretaunga/Heritage Radio