|Spezialitätenrestaurant||Frühstück, Kaffee, Mittagessen|
|Dienstleistungen eines Restaurants||Gruppen, Draussen, Reservieren, Mitnahme, Kellner, Walkins|
Founded in 1786 the well established confectionary Demel looks back on over two hundred years of history, furnished by the one of the most famous Rokoko architects of the Austrian-hungarian monarchy, Portois & Fix.
Yet Emperor Franz Josef, and his wife, empress Sisi, had the Demel delicacies delivered to the imperial palace, and the Demel has always been a popular meeting point of the Viennese aristocracy and bourgeoisie. The uniform of the waitresses, called the “Demelinerinnen” has not changed a lot over the years, and surrounded by a romantic flair of Austria’s bygone Dual monarchy era guests enjoy traditional Cremeschnitte, Dobostorte, Esterhazytorte or tea biscuits, all formed by hand and carefully decorated.
In the glass bakery on the ground floor, the curious visitor may watch the pastry chefs at their work.