|Über uns||St.Ignatius Orthodox Maha Idavaka, kaipattoor profile managed by St Thomas O S C Youth movement.......|
|Mission||Worship Study Service|
St. Ignatius Orthodox Maha Idavaka stands second in parishiners in Thumpamon Diocese. Parish comprises more than 760 households.
With the death of Rajendra Chola, the strongest of the Chola Kings, in A.D. 1279, the Pandyas rose to power. The Pandyas made an onslaught on Kerala. Consequent to their attack the Christian Centre of Worship at Nilackal was destroyed and the Christians there fled for their lives and found their abode in and around Kadampanad which was then a well known center of worship of the Christians. The church at Kadampand which was then a well known centre of worship of the Christians. The church at Kadampanadu is said to have been built in the 4th century A.D. The Christians who were driven out of Nilackal later on settled at Kudasanad, Thumpamon, Omalloor and Kaipattor.
The Christians who settled in Kaipattoor at first depended for their religious purposes on Kadampanadu Church. Later on, a Church was built at Thumapmon and our forefathers become members of that Church. About four hundred years ago a Church was built at Omalloor and the Christians of Kaipattoor began to depend on that Church for their religious rites. This condition prevailed till AD 1860.In AD 1845, Small pox broke out in Kaipattoor. Several people were affected. People become panic and thus many fled for their lives deserting their ailing ones. Conditions were precarious and dangerous. At this juncture the Christian elders of the locality made flags and crosses with supplications and hymns and conducted worshippers’ rally in the name of St. George from Kaipattoor East to Kaipattoor West. Many people irrespective of caste and creed took part in the supplication rally. After the rally they conducted a ‘Vechoothu’ ie., distributing offering of food stuffs among worshipers. It is believed that as a result of the supplication rally the fearful epidemic subsided and the people were greatly relieved. The rally took place on 24th Vrischigom 1021 and it was in the name of St. Georg