We are Leeds Play Network, the only charity in the Leeds area dedicated to promoting children's right to play and providing free play opportunities for children across the whole city.
Want to play? Get in touch!
|Beschreibung||Leeds Play Network strives to overcome physical, attitudinal, political or social, barriers that may prevent children from playing.|
|Auszeichnungen||2016 Child Friendly Leeds Award for the 'Overall Contribution' to making our city a child-friendly place|
Along with being a play information hub, these are some of the things we do:
- Stay'n'Play sessions at our brand new play space in St. John's Centre (on Albion Street), every Wednesday and Thursday, 11am-1pm. Free, open for children of all ages, drop in and have fun!
- Artful Dodgers, a series of fun arts and crafts workshops for children, delivered during the holidays in St. John's Centre.
- Mobile Play sessions, free, open access and with a focus on outdoor play, delivered during school holidays in parks, community and children’s centres or schools. Free, open to everyone and inclusive.
- Play Partners service, a bespoke 1:1 short break support service focused on inclusion, that enables children and young people with special needs to independently attend different mainstream play, leisure activities or vocational courses.
- Playstreets, a local project part of the national street play initiative, for which we worked with Leeds Council to bring play to our streets. This means we can help and support you to close your street for children to play out!
- REPLAY, a creative play shop providing affordable resources for arts and crafts.