Saint George's College, founded in 1936 and run by the Congregation of Holy Cross, is among the most exclusive and upper-class schools in Santiago, Chile. According to Seminarium Head Hunting, fully one third of the CEO's of the top 200 companies in Chile are graduates of the school.Three Holy Cross priests arrived in Santiago, Chile, on March 1, 1943, at the invitation of Cardinal José María Caro, Archbishop of Santiago (Chile), to administer Saint George's College. Fathers William Havey, Alfred Send, and Joseph Doherty believed they were going to do university work. Little did they know that "college" in this context meant a school of first through 12th graders.Today, Saint George's College serves 2,650 students. Its history is rich and is closely tied with the history of Chile, including the 1970s when the school was taken over by the military government and Holy Cross was ousted. St. George's was the only private school in Chile to be taken over by military authority following the September 1973, coup. The Congregation returned to the school in 1986. Strong faith formation and service have been a hallmark of Saint George's. Over the decades, the college has formed many influential leaders in Chilean society. Also Holy Cross' first Chilean vocation, Fr. Jorge Canepa, was a 1946 graduate of the school.Originally an all-boys school, Saint George's College was made co-educational in 1973. First located in the then-exclusive Pedro de Valdivia section of Providencia, in 1970 it was relocated to Vitacura. Academically, its students have consistently ranked in the top 20 in terms of mean and average college entrance exam scores.