St Patrick's School was established in 1906 by the Sisters of Mercy.
St Patrick's School was established in 1906 by the Sisters of Mercy. Classes were originally set up in the little wooden church until the school was built in 1911. This building was in use until 1961 when the present building was erected. St Patrick's has a interesting history. It was a Training Centre for pupil teachers in the 1930's. In 1941, after Pearl Harbour, students and teachers from St Patricks' College in Townsville took up residence. For a short period, it was also a boarding school. The school reached an all time high enrolment of 180 in the 1960's. It is now a Catholic co-educational primary day school.