Ģertrūdes ielas teātris - theatre, contemporary dance, music, meetings, theory of performing arts.
Theatre Ģertrūdes ielas teātris is contemporary art’s stage - a professional producing and presenting venue in Latvia where audience is offered to experience theatre, dance and interdisciplinary performances created and performed by local and international professional artists.
Our values are relevance, audacity, sensitiveness, creative searchings, courage, openness, professionalism and thought-out purposefulness.
Our challenges and tasks are:
1. To encourage and support implementation of fresh, daring and diverse artistic works in fields of performing art.
2. To be a think tank for artists, who have their own and independent opinion about life and processes taking place in our today’s society locally and internationally, as well as a platform to express artists’ thoughts and ideas through their artistic works.
3. To implement those projects which are acute and relevant in context of today's social and artistic processes and which are rooted primarily in content through which to address the world and provoke socially engaged mindset (as opposed to a commonly used practice when stage performing art is exploited as a form or a medium through which to deliver a pre-defined message).
4. To encourage and stimulate international collaboration among artists in order to abolish any borders which could delay exchange of practices and sharing of approaches leading to birth of new artistic and theoretical qualities.
5. To actively and responsibly contribute in development of performing art’s audience by stimulating comprehension and interest about processes in contemporary performing arts through implementation of informal education and arts-related social engagement activities.