|About||The official page of the Idaho Army National Guard 25th Army Band.|
Provide music throughout the spectrum of military operations and
instill in our soldiers the will to fight and win, foster the support of our citizens, and promote our national interests at home and abroad.
The band was originally organized in the fall of 1925 as the Band Section, Headquarters, 116th Cavalry Brigade Combat Team and was located in Caldwell, Idaho.
The band was activated for a period of five years during World War II and served in France. In 1954 the 25th Army Band was again activated for federal service and stationed at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey. They played a weekly radio show, which aired for 10 years. The band returned to Caldwell, Idaho in 1956 and resumed National Guard status.
In 1988 the band moved to Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho where it is currently based, and performs regularly in the Treasure Valley.
|Founded||October 13, 1926|