|Work hours||Add information|
|About||This page was created to inform 6 MXG Spouses of news and events on and off MacDill AFB. Please check back often as we will post events and updates regularly.|
The Role of the Key Spouse includes:
• Welcoming new families and spouses
• Building and fostering local support systems for unit families through outreach, education and events.
• Maintains consistent contact with spouses and families and listens to concerns.
• Assists families in finding and utilizing available base and community resources.
• Serves as a communication and support link between the Commander, First Sergeant and unit families.
The Role of the Key Spouse is NOT:
• To gossip— Key Spouses are bound by Privacy Act guidelines
• To counsel— Key Spouses are points of refer-ral. They can provide you with information but are not trained counselors.
• To judge— Key Spouses understand the challenges of military life. They will listen to your concerns and refer you to helping agencies, if necessary.
|Description||The Key Spouse Program is a formal unit program that offers informal peer-to-peer/Wingman support to families. The primary purpose of a Key Spouse is to work with unit leadership to plan, coordinate and execute the unit's Key Spouse Program. This program impacts mission readiness and retention by ensuring families have appropriate information and resources to meet their needs. The Key Spouse is appointed, in writing, by the Unit Commander|
|Products||Want to become a Key Spouse! The Key spouse program is always looking for energetic spouses that would like to volunteer. There is no experience necessary—only an interest in helping people, a commitment to the program goals and a positive attitude. There is an initial one year commitment which may be renewable based on unit commander’s needs. The Airman & Family Readiness Center provides initial and recurring training. If you would like more information about becoming a Key Spouse, contact your unit Commander’s Section, First Sergeant, or the Airman & Family Readiness Center (A&FRC).|