|About||Now owned and operated by Doug and Cheri McPhie! A-Alpha has been in business and family owned for over 40 years.|
An Eco-friendly business we leave your carpet ph balanced. Others may use a damaging high alkaline water. On the ph scale, there is acid and alkaline. Just as it wouldn’t be prudent to use very acidic water to clean carpeting, it is equally unwise to use extremely high alkaline water to work on carpet. Both may “etch” the surface of the fiber. As if we hadn’t scuffed the carpet enough through wear, tear and dirt, we then add to the scuffing through improper cleaning. Watch out for marketing gimmicks.
A routine cleaning every six months in traffic areas and annually in all areas keeps your warranty in place and helps your carpet last a LONG time. If you wait just a bit longer to save money, you’ll pay more in the long run. Dirt causes abrasion; as we walk on carpet with dirt in the fibers, we effectively sand paper the fiber and kill its shape, body and light reflecting attributes. At this point the carpet can be cleaned, but the shape and sheen cannot be restored.
Tips for carpet longevity:
• DO Vacuum frequently
• DO Stick to the manufacturers’ recommended cleaning schedule.
• DO Use our services because we are seasoned, certified technicians. We also use the best materials and truck mounted equipment in the industry
• Don’t Use do it yourself equipment. Years ago I worked through school using a commercial “portable”. In 1993 I met up with my cousin Bruce McPhie. He said, “Let me teach you a few things about carpet cleaning…”. (From time to time I’ll post the ins and outs of the trade. Those who’ve had Bruce clean their carpet always came away knowing more than before) Ask me why you shouldn’t rent or hire those who use portable machines.
• DO Relax and don’t overdue while we do the hard work.
• When you have a spill, call us. DON'T wait until after it dries. We’ll talk you through it. For example; don’t use a regular carpet spotter on an ink stain.
• Don’t Delay. Book this week!
Book a friend, relative or neighbor while we are working at your house and w