|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Academy for Venue Safety & Security (AVSS) is an intensive training program in life safety and security planning for professionals in the public venue industry.|
|Mission||Students who attend the Academy for Venue Safety & Security learn the best practices applicable to risk management, emergency planning, security operations, and safety and security training. The goal of this training is that students will be better equipped to protect lives and property at their venues, both by preparing for reasonably foreseeable risks and by facilitating recovery following an incident.|
Reasons to attend AVSS:
• Receive in-depth training to prepare, prevent, respond and recover from
many types of emergencies at your venue.
• Learn the latest and most relevant safety and security training available to venue managers.
• Refine your venue emergency plans and communication strategies.
• Participate in classroom and tabletop exercises, yielding practical strategies and solutions for your venue.
• Interact with faculty comprised of industry leaders and recognized experts in venue safety and security.
AVSS Core and Advanced course materials;
"Adelman on Venues" coursebook for Facility Management Law School;
Severe Weather Planning Guide.