|About||Experienced Chartered Psychologists providing comprehensive Psycho-legal and Educational Assessments. Tel: 0121 3581500|
ACPAS aims to bring about positive change for learner's of any age.
We aim to do this by:
• Using our specialist knowledge to carry out first-class assessments
• Being sensitive, thoughtful and highly professional towards the learner, their parents and Educational Staff.
• Providing helpful recommendations to ensure that information is presented in a way that is compatible with an individual’s learning style; and helping the learner get the most of appropriate support to flourish.
We promote positive outcomes for all by putting the learners needs at the centre of our core practice.
The Adult & Child Psychological Assessment Service (ACPAS) provides a vast range of psychometric and cognitive assessments to better inform individuals and organisations about clients' cognitive strengths, learning potential, personality types and behavioural types.
We have a great deal of experience in both Educational assessments and Psycho-legal assessments (including work as an Expert Witness) and work closely with educational providers, employers and legal bodies.
The Service has access to an extensive network of Chartered Psychologists recognised by the BPS and HPC so it can be ensured that work is always completed promptly to an extremely high standard.
B.Sc., M.Ed., M.Sc., AFBPsS, C.Psychol, C.Sci, FRSA
Registered and Chartered Psychologist
Autistic Spectrum Disorders – Diagnostic Specialist
|Founded||ACPAS was founded by Frank Furlong, a Chartered Psychologist with the BPS who has over 17 years experience and higher degrees in Educational and Forensic Psychology.|
ACPAS are currently able to provide expertise across a wide variety of applied clinical work including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (Asperger’s syndrome/ Autism)
- Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia/Dyspraxia/Dyscalculia)
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
- Specific Mental Health Conditions
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour
- Medico-Legal Assessments
- Educational Assessments
The proficiency of our team allows us to provide flexible and tailored assessment programmes which are reflective of our clients needs.
- Attachment assessments.
- Cognitive function and vulnerability assessments.
- Parenting skills and capacity assessments.
- Risk assessments: Especially within the context of domestic violence.
- Trauma related violence: Domestic violence, rape and sexual assault.
- Early childhood trauma: Sudden loss and bereavement, emotional neglect and abuse, physical and sexual trauma.
- Assessments relating to complex psychological trauma.
- Assessment across a range of settings.
- Culturally sensitive assessments.