|Work hours||Add information|
Helping people with HIV/AIDS live healthy, independent lives and working to prevent the spread of HIV.
|Mission||AIDS Alabama devotes its energy and resources statewide to helping people with HIV/AIDS live healthy, independent lives and works to prevent the spread of HIV.|
Along with supportive housing services, AIDS Alabama provides case management and HIV prevention education outreach statewide. AIDS Alabama is also an active advocate at the local, state, and federal levels and continuously acts to ensure that the voices of HIV service providers, HIV positive individuals, and all affected by this epidemic are heard.
|Founded||Incorporated as a nonprofit in 1987|
Programs and Services Include:
- Permanent & Transitional Housing Programs for low-income persons and families affected by HIV/AIDS
- Substance abuse treatment
- Residential care facility for persons dually diagnosed with HIV/AIDS and severe mental illness
- Free & Confidential HIV Testing (including 20 minute Oraquick test)
- HIV Prevention Education & Community Outreach
- Rental assistance
- Utility assistance
- Case management
- Health insurance continuation
- Support groups and counseling