AIGA is a global community of design advocates and practitioners.
AIGA advances design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force. As the largest community of design advocates, we bring together practitioners, enthusiasts and patrons to amplify the voice of design and create the vision for a collective future. We define global standards and ethical practices, guide design education, inspire designers and the public, enhance professional development, and make powerful tools and resources accessible to all.
AIGA advances design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force by connecting practitioners, enthusiasts and patrons through regional, national and global events and by creating and curating content that:
- advocates for a greater understanding of the value of designers and design in government, business, media and the public
- enhances professional development
- defines global standards and ethical practices
- inspires designers and the public
- establishes criteria for design education that meets the needs of the profession
- makes powerful tools and resources available and accessible
- celebrates and enhances the value of design
- mobilizes a global design movement