Mobile Injury Clinic in the Buxton area. Providing professional and comprehensive care.
-Pre & Post Operative care
Pierre has worked in private practice treating a wide variety of patients who try to lead an active lifestyle alongside their work commitments. This means that he understands what people are looking for in their treatment and how to fit rehabilitation into a busy working life.
As well as running a successful private practice clinic, Pierre has also worked in the elite sporting world supporting Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing, who went on to win the Volvo Ocean Race 2014/15 and Artemis Racing in their America's Cup Challenge in Bermuda 2017.
-What is a Sports Therapist?-
A Sports Therapist is a musculoskeletal specialist. In other words, a specialist in the relationship of how the joints, muscles, ligaments, nerves and bones function most optimally together.
So, a Sports Therapist is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and/or sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. Which means you don’t have to play a sport to come to a Sports Therapist!
The Five Competencies of a Sports Therapist:
• Prevention of injuries
• Recognition & evaluation of injuries
• Management, treatment & appropriate referral if necessary
• Education & counselling
• Headaches • Frozen Shoulder • Hip Pain • Shin Splints
• Whiplash • Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow • Sciatica • Plantar Fasciatis
• Shoulder Pain • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome • Knee Problems • Muscle Strains
• Shoulder Instability • Back Pain • Osgood Schlatters • Ligament Sprains
A Sports Therapist isn’t solely limited to these conditions. Contact us with any questions about your condition.