|About||Airdrie Food Bank - We are Neighbours helping Neighbours|
|Mission||To collect and distribute food to those in need and help our community find solutions to hunger related issues.|
The Airdrie Food Bank’s mandate is to provide short term emergency food support to adults, children and families in need in Airdrie and surrounding communities. We collect food and funds from the community and distribute food as needed through our many programs.
We serve clients in Airdrie, Crossfield, Balzac, Beiseker, Madden and surrounding areas. We use volunteers and staff to meet our mandate of being “Neighbors helping Neighbors.”
A new initiative of the Airdrie Food Bank is the Airdrie Community Kitchen. It was created to move us from emergency support only to providing skill building programs and build support networks.
- 2017 - Excellence in Food Banking Award for Mid-Size Food Banks
- 2009 - 2016 "Best Local Cause" Airdrie City View Reader's Choice Award
- 2011 - 2016 "Best Fundraising Event - Empty Bowls" Airdrie City View Reader's Choice Award
- 2013 Airdrie's Best Citizen Award - Lori McRitchie, Executive Director.
- 2012 Diamond Jubilee medal - Lori McRitchie, Executive Director, for her work in promoting food banks and bringing community together.
- 2012 Amazing Airdrie Women Award - Lori McRitchie, Executive Director
- 2012 Volunteer Advocate Award
- 2011 Lamplighter Award, Nose Creek Elementary School
- 2012 Healthy School Communities Award - Lori McRitchie, Executive Director
- 2011 Amazing Airdrie Women Award - Lori McRitchie, Executive Director
- Regular Hampers - 7 to 10 days worth of food
- Bread & Extras - available to anyone in need
- Milk & Formula - for new moms & their babies
- Best Beginnings Hampers - for expecting moms & their families
- Emergency Packs - a day's worth of food
- Snack Attack - for students
- R.J. Hawkey Breakfast Program - for 5 to 10 year olds
- Fuel 4 Kids - lunches for students
- Community Kitchen programs - http://www.airdriefoodbank.com/kitchen.html