|Work hours||Add information|
Alice Birney has earned the reputation as a high achieving school. We have twice been named a California Distinguished School (1995 and 2002). All staff members including; teachers, monitors, secretaries, custodians, librarian, aides, site coordinator, counselor and the principal take responsibility for the educational progress and well being of our students. Our dedicated staff and system-wide supports are the reasons that our students continue to score highly on the STAR test. For six consecutive years our school has received an API score of 10 on the similar school ranking.
Moderation of Third Party Content
This district social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed if possible when the content of a post:
- is off-subject or out of context
- contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
- contains offensive terms that target protected classes
- is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
- incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
- contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
- advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
- promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
Public Records Law
District social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to district business, including communication posted by the District and communication received from citizens, is a public record. The Department maintaining the site maintaining the site is responsible for responding completely and accurately to any public records request for social media content.