|Work hours||Add information|
ASTMH's mission is to promote global health through the prevention and control of infectious and other diseases that disproportionately afflict the global poor.
As a worldwide organization of scientists, clinicians and program professionals, the central activity of our members include research, health care and education. Our members' work bridges basic laboratory research to international field work and clinics to countrywide programs.
Specific ASTMH goals include:
- Improving the health of people worldwide
- Advancing research in tropical diseases
- Fostering international scientific collaboration
- Supporting career development in tropical medicine and global health
- Educating medical professionals, policymakers and the public about tropical medicine and global health
- Promoting science-based policy regarding tropical medicine and global health
- Recognizing exceptional achievement in tropical medicine and global health
|Products||The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene is the official scientific journal of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH). The Society is a nonprofit, professional organization whose mission is to promote world health by the prevention and control of tropical disease through research and education.|