Bang Kruai is a district in the southern part of Nonthaburi Province, central Thailand.HistoryThe district was created in 1904 and named Bang Yai. Due to its size it was difficult to administer, and thus in 1917 the northern part was split off as minor district (king amphoe), Bang Mae Nang. In 1921 Bang Mae Nang became a full district.On 19 October 1930 the district was renamed "Bang Kruai", after the geographic shape of district. "Kruai" is the Thai word for "cone". On the same date Bang Mae Nang received the old name of the district, "Bang Yai".GeographyNeighboring districts are Bang Yai, Mueang Nonthaburi, the districts Bang Sue, Bang Phlat, Taling Chan, Thawi Watthana of Bangkok, and finally Phutthamonthon .AdministrationThe district is divided into nine sub-districts, which are further subdivided into 60 villages . Since 2002 Bang Kruai itself has had town status. Plai Bang has had township status since 1999. Sala Klang has had township status since 2008. There another four tambon administrative organizations .