Supporting people with severe allergies.
Helpline 01252 542029 / firstname.lastname@example.org
|Mission||To support people with severe allergies.|
The Anaphylaxis Campaign is the only UK charity which solely helps severely allergic people at risk of anaphylaxis, which can be fatal. People can have life-threatening allergies to foods, stings, drugs and latex. It is not just nuts – people die of reactions to milk, egg, soya, sesame and many other foods. It affects more than 200,000 people in the UK
We provide information and support for individuals and families affected, as well as working with healthcare professionals working in severe allergy and the food industry, aiming to create a safe environment for them to be able to lives their lives.
Please visit our website www.anaphylaxis.org.uk to find out how to join the Anaphylaxis Campaign as a member. Here you can also access our latest news, knowledgebase database and our factsheets on anaphylaxis, allergens and managing severe allergy
Our Key activities include:
• Our core work of operating a helpline and information services - providing advice by telephone, e-mail, factsheets and our website
• Running three membership programmes for Individuals, Families and Carers, Corporates and Heathcare Professionals
• Providing support through a programme of workshops for parents and children
• Running local support group meetings and regional medical meetings
• Food safety developments - working with caterers, manufacturers and retailers to raise awareness and protect people from harmful allergens
• Training – via a bespoke online training package for schools, nurseries, colleges nurses and GPs
• Raising awareness and campaigning - to improve allergy services within the NHS
About Anaphylaxis – the facts
• Food allergy occurs when the body’s immune system reacts to an ingredient that is harmless to most people. The food that causes the response is known as an allergen.
• Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction - the extreme end of the allergic spectrum. Symptoms may include generalised flushing, difficulty in breathing and can result in cardiac arre
|Products||AllergyWise for individuals/carers, Healthcare professionals and GPs and Practice Nurses.|