|Work hours||Add information|
|About||When Leukemia snatched away Vaibhav from his parents Mr. Vijay and Mrs. Sadhana Phalnikar, they braved the loss very courageously and determined to turn this tragedy into an opportunity to serve the humanity. In this endeavor, they were helped a|
1) The Trust made a modest beginning in the year 2001 in the rented place at Warje Malwadi (Pune).
2) In the year 2002 the Trust purchased the rented place and an adjoining added floor above the existing building to make separate living arrangements for boys and girls.
3) With a view to provide security to the inmates when they step out of the "home" after attaining the age of 17, when they have to leave the orphanage under law, the trust has started an Industries Center where they are trained to prepare beautiful handmade paper bags and office files. The girl inmates are also taught sewing and embroidering.
4) The Trust installed Solar water heaters, solar lights inside the building and outside, solar cookers etc. and is now almost 100% solar sufficient except high powered gadgets.
5) A biogas unit was installed to save the cooking gas.
6) A lecture by prominent personality is now organized every year in November on the occasion of the death anniversary of Vaibhav. "Vaibhav Smruti" award is presented to a deserving person or institution for outstanding social service on the occasion.
7) A fully equipped centre for children was started, where they are given basic training by socially aware group of IT personal.