|About||All are welcome to join us. Worship and Holy Eucharist is on Wednesday at 10a and Sunday at 8a and 10a (and music) and more! #vitalaht|
Ascension & Holy Trinity lives to put God's love into action!
A vital and growing faith community, with overflowing worship services and Christian growth opportunities. A church filled with compassion-centered ministries through which all find a place and take God's love into the world.
At A&HT, everyone is welcome! We are a warm and caring faith community of families and singles, young and old. Our members come from a wide variety of backgrounds and religious traditions, and live in neighborhoods throughout Greater Cincinnati.
A&HT is located in the heart of the historic village district of Wyoming, Ohio, which is a suburban community in northern Cincinnati, in a residential area. Wyoming is noted for its varied architectural styles and beautiful tree-lined streets. The church can be found at the corner of Burns Avenue and Worthington Avenue.
Parking is available on the streets around the church. On the Worthington Avenue side of the church, there are designated handicap parking spots, near a wheelchair ramp that provides access to the church sanctuary.
The present parish began in 1872 with the establishment of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Hartwell, a community adjacent to Wyoming to the south. In 1893, several families successfully petitioned the bishop for permission to begin “Ascension Mission” in Wyoming, about a mile and a half from Hartwell. The site of the present church was purchased in 1894.
After 75 years as two separate congregations, the members of these two churches voted to form one strong parish. With the merger of Ascension & Holy Trinity complete, a new church building soon became a reality. Proceeds from the sale of the Holy Trinity property and several major capital fund drives eliminated the parish debt. The present church was consecrated in 1975.
A&HT’s facilities include a church, education building, and parish hall, joined together as one unit. A memorial garden is located in a recessed area between the church and parish hall and f