|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Enabling you increase financial and tangible assets, such as savings, a home and businesses of all kinds. Asset Building Companion exists to enable greater access to economic security and opportunities particularly for low-income communities.|
We work to increase personal and collective assets.
Asset Building Companion envisions helping asset-poor individuals and families to build and protect their assets through:
1. Providing financial literacy education to asset-poor individuals and families;
2. Creating opportunities and incentives for them to save;
3. Improving their access to financial services;
4. Increasing or supplementing their earnings;
5. Curbing predatory lending practices;
6. Expanding their access to insurance.
Our services are grouped into 3 categories of 1) Learn, Earn and Save, 2) Financial Services and Investment Opportunities, 3) Asset Preservation.
Through our “Learn, Earn and Save” service, we:
• Provide financial literacy classes and link them to participation in other programs;
• Link unemployed members to employment opportunities, and establish overdraft facility for business owners;
• Offer “Personal Steady Progress” Accounts, and “Group Guarded” Accounts.
Through our “Financial Services and Investment Opportunities” service, we:
• Partner with mainstream Financial Institutions to provide affordable credit to members
• Support asset-poor people to start or expand their wealth-building businesses
• Provide wealth-building Real Estate opportunities and Joint Venture Businesses
Through our “Asset Preservation” service, we:
• Partner with insurance firms to provide low-cost insurance to members.
• Carry out advocacy to curb predatory lending.
• Educate people about estate planning