Nonprofit, accredited environmental learning center that offers residential K-12, college, summer camp, family camp, adult and Road Scholar programs. Charter School Authorizer and conference & retreat center.
To instill a connection and commitment to the environment in people of all communities through experiential learning
A healthy planet where all people live in balance with the Earth
• We demonstrate respect, care and passion for the Earth, all people and all living things
• We strive for excellence in everything we do through integrity, open communication and teamwork
• Individuals are valued, engaged and appreciated for their
• We believe in life-long learning through positive shared experiences with the natural world
• Our efforts encourage others to recognize their interconnectedness with the Earth through their actions
The Audubon Center of the North Woods is a non-profit environmental learning center nestled on the shores of Grindstone Lake near Sandstone, MN.
2012-Named Best Nature Weekend Retreat by MN Star Tribune
2009- Named Official Best of Environmental Education in Minnesota
2006- Named Outstanding Service to EE Organization- Regional Level by the North American Association for Environmental Education
1995 – Receives accreditation as a school by North Central Association
1979- Named one of the top ten environmental education centers in the U.S. by the New York Times
|Products||Visit our Nature Gift Shop for a wide variety of ACNW signature clothing and materials, as well as our very own pure maple syrup, maple balsalmic vinaigrette dressing, and signature coffees.|