|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA) was established by the Bangladesh Economic Zones Act, 2010.|
BEZA's vision is to establish one hundred EZ's in the next fifteen years with an employment generation of 10 million with development of 30,000 hectares of land. BEZA aims at establishing EZ's in all potential areas in the country (including backward underdeveloped regions) with a view to encourage rapid economic development through diversification of industry and augmentation of employment, production and export.
Bangladesh Economic Zones Act, 2010 was promulgated under which BEZA was established, with broad objectives to:
- Identify and select sites for Economic Zones
for industrial activities
- Acquire land for Economic Zones
- Ensure off-site infrastructure development for
the Economic Zones
- Establish Economic Zones through Public-
Private Partnership (PPP)
- Attractive incentive package for Developers
and EZ users/Industrial Units/Investors.
- G2G establishment of Economic Zones
- Provide One Stop Services
The Act provides for legislations for developing economic zones of the country and powers and functions of the authority.
BEZA is governed by a three level management structure:
- Governing Board
- Executive Board
- BEZA Office
|Products||Economic Zones in Bangladesh|