Medical College, Baroda is a medical educational institution for undergraduate and postgraduate medical studies under the Faculty of Medicine of Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. It is located in the Raopura area at Vadodara, India. It is primarily affiliated with Sir Sayajirao General Hospital. The college was established in 1949.HistoryEnvisaged by the late His Highness Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad III as a seat of learning, Medical College Baroda and Shri Sayajirao General (SSG) Hospital was founded in the city of Vadodara by the late Maharaja of Baroda, Major General Sir Pratapsingh Gaekwad January 1946. Due to the efforts of Dr. Jivraj Mehta, the then Advisor to Government of India and Bombay State on Baroda matters, the ground floor was completed in 1949. Dr. M. D. D. Guilder, the Health Minister of Bombay State, inaugurated it on 16 June 1949. The first class was 40 students.For initial development, the institute was entrusted to the late D. A. N. Deodars – the first Dean and Medical Superintendent of S. S. G. Hospital. The first final MBBS examination was held in April 1954. The Medical Council of India and General Medical Council of Britain recognized the degree awarded. The ruler of Baroda late Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad III initiated medical aid to the public of Baroda by starting a few bedded hospital – Dufferin hospital at Varasia in 1865. That hospital was later expanded to the present S. S. G. Hospital with a capacity of 1500 admissions.