Bayview Glen Church is a church in Thornhill, part of the town of Markham, Ontario, Canada. It is part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada. The congregation began in 1941 and moved to its present building in March 1978. Bayview Glen Church adheres to the Creed/Statement of Faith of the Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada denomination.HistoryFounded in 1941 by Charles Bradley Templeton (1941–1948), an itinerant evangelist, under the Nazarene denomination. Services began in a large stone church on Avenue Road, with approximately 112 people in attendance. The church was eventually named The Avenue Road Church. Rev. J.D. Carlson (1948–1951), a former American evangelist, took over from Charles Templeton. In 1950 the church became affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which began a strong emphasis on missions within the church.Rev. Donald Shepson (1952–1959) focused on building a family oriented congregation. Then Rev. Dr. Aiden Wilson (A.W.) Tozer (1959–1963), a self taught theologian, writer, and editor of Alliance Witness magazine became Senior Pastor. Tozer's books have ministered in many languages to millions of Christians. Rev. Kenn Opperman (1963–1970), a missionary leader, emphasized the needs of the mission field. He returned to Bayview Glen Church in 1992–1993 on an interim basis after his successor Arnold Reimer's resignation.