|About||The BC SPCA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia.|
|Mission||To protect and enhance the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia.|
This page is for supporters of the BC SPCA. We welcome feedback and discussions for all those who wish to share opinions or ask questions.
By participating in conversations on this page, you are agreeing to our commenting policy, as follows:
We reserve the right to delete posts that include any of the following:
- profanity or personal attacks
- inaccurate information
- spam, promotion or ads for other pages or websites
- irrelevant topics
- threats, demands or promotion of violence
- reports of cruelty detailing suspect name, address or other personal details (these are not appropriate to share on social network - please report directly to your local BC SPCA branch or the RCMP)
- promotion of people or organizations responsible for animal abuse or poor standards of animal welfare
- request for/support of any illegal activity (such as unauthorized "rescue" of a privately owned animal)
If you continue to violate this policy, you will be removed from our page.
This Facebook page is intended first and foremost for supporters. While we welcome open discussions and honest feedback, disagreements that result in harassment or provocation of other supporters will not be tolerated. If your actions and comments make other participants uncomfortable, you will be removed.
On behalf of all the animals we care for and protect, thank you for your cooperation and support. If you have questions regarding our Facebook page and its contents, please email us at email@example.com.
2014 - Receives four stars – the highest rating possible – in Charity Intelligence Canada’s annual list of top charities. http://www.spca.bc.ca/news-and-events/news/news-four-star-rating.html
2013: Receives Imagine Canada accreditation http://spca.bc.ca/imagine
2012: Charity Intelligence Canada has named the BC SPCA one of its top charities for 2012
2012: BC SPCA earns an " A+" rating in MoneySense magazine’s charity survey: http://www.spca.bc.ca/news-and-events/news/moneysense-2012.html
2011: BC SPCA earns an " A" rating in MoneySense magazine’s charity survey: http://www.spca.bc.ca/news-and-events/news/bc-spca-earns-an-a-grade-in.html
We pledge our energies to inspire and mobilize society to create a world in which all animals, who depend on humans for their well-being, experience, as a minimum, five essential freedoms:
1. Freedom from hunger and thirst
2. Freedom from pain, injury, and disease
3. Freedom from distress
4. Freedom from discomfort
5. Freedom to express behaviours that promote well-being.