Beverly Depot is a regional rail station on the MBTA Commuter Rail Newburyport/Rockport Line, located in downtown Beverly, Massachusetts. Beverly Depot is one of five stations in the city. It is the junction of the line's two branches to Newburyport and Rockport and is served by every train on both branches, for as many as 30 departures to Boston on weekdays. This is the most frequent inbound service from any MBTA Commuter Rail station save Anderson RTC. By a 2013 count, Beverly Depot had the third highest inbound ridership on the system (behind only Providence and Salem) with 2,058 inbound riders on a typical weekday.The Eastern Railroad was extended through Beverly to Ipswich in 1839. The 1839 station was replaced in 1855; that station was in turn replaced by one designed by Bradford Lee Gilbert in 1897. The station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, and is a contributing property of the Beverly Depot-Odell Park Historic District which was added in 2014. A 500-space parking garage at Beverly opened on August 2, 2014.