The Opera House is a misnomer, as the building was erected in 1902 for a Court House. Later it was used for public entertainment. From 1933 to 1988, it housed a furniture store. The Lee County Arts Council acquired the building in 1988 and it was renovated and opened in 1992. This was possible because of tireless efforts and the long-range vision of many citizens. Grants, corporations, donations from individuals, and labor from the Department of Corrections made the Opera House possible. Needed repairs and renovations are being done in the year 2000.
109 N Main St, Bishopville (SC), 29010, United States