|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Body and mind is a nationwide business specialising in the health and wellbeing of ex-service men, women and partners.|
Body and Mind is a nationwide business specialising in the health and wellbeing of ex-service men, women and partners. Run by an ex-service man the company incorporates a team of university qualified allied health practitioners that provide the highest level of care and complementing therapies. Body and Mind are the experts in the management of a wide variety of chronic and acute health conditions.
1) STRESS 101 FOR VETERAN’S WORKSHOP
- A one day fully funded introductory workshop covering topics such as “what is stress?”, triggers, the impact of stress, tools to better deal with stress.
- Facilitated nationwide by a registered psychologist who is an ex-military officer with operational experience himself, and who has been employed in private practice and as both a civilian and uniformed psychologist within defense.
2) PARTNERS OF VETERANS WORKSHOP
- A one day fully funded program based on Person Centred Thinking (PCT) aimed at assisting partners in dealing with the impact of issues such as PTSD and equipping them with skills to better looking after themselves, their children and their veteran spouse.
- Facilitated nationwide by an accredited PCT trainer who is herself the partner of a veteran.
3) VETERANS EXERCISE PROGRAM
- Entitled Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) clients may be referred for clinically necessary Exercise Physiology treatment by their medical practitioner. Upon diagnosis and referral of a specific condition by a medical practitioner.
- DVA will pay for the clinically necessary treatment.