|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Book at Bedtime is a children's charity set up in North Wales to provide a bookcase full of children's books to local women's refuges all over the UK.|
Book at Bedtime is a children's charity set up in North Wales in 2010 to provide a bookcase full of children's books to women's refuges all over the UK.
Often the children arrive in the refuge with nothing but the clothes they are wearing. Book at Bedtime will not only provide books for the children and their mums whilst they are in the refuge but when they leave they can take a favourite book from the bookcase with them. This will give them something that belongs just to them.
Book at Bedtime promotes the importance of children being encouraged to read by and with their mums. Children who enjoy books read more and this means that they will do better in school, they will have more confidence and ultimately they can expand the possibilities for their future.
Book at Bedtime also supplies a set of Family Change books to each refuge to enable the playworkers to work one-to-one with the children to help them deal with their emotions and the difficult situation they are in.
There are over 400 refuges in the UK so if you would like to get involved with collecting books and/or raising money in your area we can help! Just get in touch.
Do you love books? Can you imagine a life without reading? Your children's lives without books? If you feel the same way as us please help. You can do this by:
- volunteering to collect books to fill a bookcase
- donating/raising the money to buy a bookcase
- fundraising the money needed to buy the Family Change Set
- volunteering your time to become a Book at Bedtime Friend of your local Women's refuge to provide an annual top-up of books
- donating money through your PayPal account. Log on, click Send Money, type in my email address of firstname.lastname@example.org, put in the amount you want and under the personal tab you will be able to click on gift, then send. It's as easy as that!
Do you know of a school (primary & secondary) that would like to get involved in asking the children to donate a book?
Do you have any contac