|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Bookgrove Reading Center offers programs that specialize in reading, writing and communication. Programs are for all levels from kinder to high school|
Bookgrove is centered on the belief that nurturing a child’s reading comprehension skills at a young age is what gives them a step ahead into independent learning.
As every child has the ability to learn, the center specifically addresses their weaknesses and further strengthens their potential by formulating programs tailor fit to their needs.
Our mission is to build a community of young readers equipped with minds capable of submerging their thoughts and interests into a worldly variety of texts.
As skills are nurtured and enhanced, students develop the independence to apply and attain more than what is expected from them.
Along with continuous and habitual learning, students extend their abilities into other forms of communication, develop a sense of responsibility to uphold and stand by their own beliefs and opinions, and can participate in the healthy exchange of ideas amongst peers, acquaintances, and fellow readers.
Students also gain the ability to engage in spontaneous conversation with different age groups, nationalities, and backgrounds.
The Bookgrove Reading Center offers programs that specialize in reading, writing, and communication; its students are introduced to a series of reading materials specifically molded to their level of understanding, needs, and already acquired strengths.
Students improve on their academic performance and individual & natural learning capabilities. Every child has the innate ability to excel, which doesn’t necessarily require rigid and hard training, but rather an individualized program.
With its center established in July of 2005 in Manila Philippines, Bookgrove has continuously helped children surpass their struggles in fluently reading and comprehending written texts, which we believe is the core skill needed for every child to reach their full potential in learning.
BEGINNING READING – For ages 3 & up – For Nursery & Grade School Students
• Setting the basic knowledge of the Alphabet and its Sound Representation
• Storytelling of their favorite books to cultivate a genuine love for reading
• Develops Vocabulary and fluency in reading
STRATEGIC READING COMPREHENSION
* 30 hour program (assessment required by appointment)
• Individual programs are created that best suit the needs of the student
• Designed to develop comprehension and fluency in reading
• Enables students to verbalize and understand the written text
• Learn to appreciate reading classes of their own grade level
• Learn to express what they read by putting it into writing
• Eventually to be able to write essays, summaries and reports
CREATIVE WRITING I
* 30 hour program (daily attendance required or at least every other day)
* Usually offered in summer for regularity of attendance
• Helps students improve their academic writing abilities
• Provides writing strategies as an entry point to essay writing
Reading coaches interact with students to resolve the underlying issues that are hindering a child from learning effectively.
We work with individual students and small groups to provide instruction, guidance, and support to enhance learning skills and help them perform their best in school through:
Learning skill assessments
Shared and guided lessons
Group learning activities
All programs are designed to develop literacy, improve comprehension, build self-confidence, improve focus and attention and to get students excited about learning.
Students will develop the ability to identify phonetic sounds necessary prior to reading
• Students will take on the ability to identify speech & sound system, word meanings; how words are put together to construct a message, and how discourse of various kinds is carried out (Language)