|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Owners: Robin Bergeron and Leslie Thibodaux. Hours vary depending on schedules of our classes. Please call before visiting in the p.m. hours.|
* For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
* To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
* To help students understand that Architecture and Engineering are viable career choices.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
* This is a hands-on program where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cars, buildings and other constructions out of Lego® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Participants build a new project each class or workshop. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
* Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another.
* Designed and created by teachers, architects and engineering professionals, our hands-on curriculum introduces children age 3–13+ to concepts of engineering, architecture and mechanics using LEGO® bricks. Lessons from math, science, language arts, and social studies are integrated and discussed. Themes include Transportation, Space, Inventions, Stop Motion Movie Making, Robotics and more. Problem solving, teamwork, and self esteem are emphasized.
Unique and fun Camps, Classes, and Birthday parties are also available for children ages 3-13+!
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
* Students will work in a lab-type setting using Lego® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
* Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
* The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
* All material will be provided.
Bricks 4 Kidz classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO® bricks. Programs are built around our proprietary model plans, designed by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction, and amusement parks. Our specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide the building blocks for the Bricks 4 Kidz approach to educational play. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
Our hours are 10:00-6:00 Monday-Thursday and 10-4 on Friday. Please call before visiting in the pm hours. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we do close early some days. Weekend times vary, depending on scheduled parties.
Bayou's Best of the Best Learning Center
Birthday Party award at 2013 Bricks 4 Kidz conference
|Founded||April of 2012|
Mommy and Me Classes
Mother and Daughter Craft Classes
After School Enrichment Programs starting in the fall of 2012
Special Needs Classes
Kidz Night Out