|Work hours||Add information|
This page is monitored Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. It is not for forecasts, warnings or advice. Latest weather info: www.bom.gov.au
• Monitor and report on current
• Analyse and explain trends in
• Provide forecasts, warnings and long-term
outlooks on environmental phenomena that
affect the safety, prosperity and resilience
• Foster greater public understanding and
use of environmental intelligence.
Welcome to the Bureau of Meteorology's official Facebook page. This page is not used to post forecasts, warnings or advice, and is monitored by staff Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. For the latest weather info, go to www.bom.gov.au.
You can follow us on Twitter. The account handles are:
• @BOM_au: https://twitter.com/bom_au
• @BOM_NT: https://twitter.com/bom_nt
• @BOM_QLD: https://twitter.com/bom_qld
• @BOM_NSW: https://twitter.com/bom_nsw
• @BOM_ACT: https://twitter.com/bom_act
• @BOM_VIC: https://twitter.com/bom_vic
• @BOM_TAS: https://twitter.com/bom_tas
• @BOM_SA: https://twitter.com/bom_sa
• @BOM_WA: https://twitter.com/bom_wa
On Twitter we tweet about current and impending significant weather events, including cyclones, tsunami and floods.
Further information about the Bureau’s Twitter service: http://media.bom.gov.au/social-media/
This page is for people interested in learning more about what we do - with information ranging from articles to notices, interesting facts, upcoming events and activities and much more.
Many articles posted will link to the Bureau's blog. We encourage our Facebook community to comment on blog articles and other postings to the page. We look forward to joining the conversation with you!
Forecast, Warning and Advice Information
Please note that this page will not be used to post Bureau forecasts, warnings and advices. For Information or to provide comments about these products and services, refer to:
• www.bom.gov.au - for the latest forecasts, warnings and advices
• www.bom.gov.au/other/feedback/ - to provide feedback
Weather Observations and Reports
Weather observations or reports are not officially accepted through our Facebook page. If you're interested in becoming part of the Bureau’s volunteer Storm Spotters, please visit www.bom.gov.au/storm_spotters.