|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The California Fisheries & Seafood Institute (CFSI) is the nation’s largest regional organization representing members of the consumer seafood industry.|
1. To preserve, foster and promote the consumer seafood supply industry, and related activities and to advocate sound legislation for the improvement, preservation, and promotion of the industry; and
2. To market and promote the consumption of seafood and to provide, enhance and communicate a positive image of seafood products and the seafood industry to consumers; and
3. To protect the right of the public to demand free and continuous access to seafood of all types as a valuable source of food and useful commercial products; and
4. To advocate true conservation through utilization of the maximum sustainable yield of all marine resources; and
5. To encourage efforts to plant and maintain those species of marine life susceptible to scientific propagation.
The California Fisheries & Seafood Institute (CFSI) is the nation’s largest regional organization representing members of the consumer seafood supply industry. Since 1954, CFSI has aggressively served its members in government representation and the marketing and promotion of seafood.
CFSI’s member companies represent all facets of the consumer seafood supply industry. Our members are seafood brokers, exporters, importers, traders, producers, restaurants, wholesalers, distributors, cold storage facilities, transportation companies and other allied industries. While the majority of our members are based in California, CFSI has members from all over the United States and Canada.
CFSI endorses the efforts of FishWatch as the U.S. authority on the sustainability of fisheries.