|Work hours||Add information|
|About||A partnership to provide educational, recreational, historical, and tourism opportunities focused on wildlife and greenspace in the City of Camrose.|
The Camrose Wildlife Stewardship Society (CWSS) began in 2002. We
acknowledge that wildlife and their habitats provide many benefits to the city,
- educational opportunities for people of all ages
- desirable recreational opportunities
- substantial economic benefits through wildlife tourism, land values, and ecosystem services
We recognize that the wildlife and greenspaces in Camrose make our city unique and beautiful. We enjoy our greenspaces and wildlife and recognize that we must put effort into maintaining and conserving these aspects of our city so that they can be enjoyed for years to come. One way in which we do this is by providing opportunities for community members to experience and learn about nature and
wildlife through our summer environmental education programs.
Each summer we offer an education series on wildlife and greenspace issues. The programs are offered from the end of May to the beginning of August. Each Thursday night we will host a program at 7pm at the Stoney Creek Centre. We cover a variety of interesting topics, including, but not limited to butterflies, alien
species and naturescaping.
Goals and Objectives
- To increase Camrose residents’ awareness and understanding of wildlife and greenspace
- To ensure wildlife and greenspace concerns are considered in planning and management
- To minimize wildlife conflicts affecting public safety and property
- To encourage research on wildlife and habitats in Camrose