|Work hours||Add information|
|About||We are a non-government funded food pantry distributing food to Mahoning County families or individuals the third Thursday of every month from 10 am - 1 pm|
|Mission||To make sure that food is available for 1-2 weeks at the end of the month for those who qualify and to be a listening ear for many who live alone or who just need to have a friendly person offer them comfort.|
• On the second Thursday of every month, volunteers from local churches gather to pack bags. (There are approximately 48 volunteers who come either this week or the next or both to perform their duties.)
• On the third Thursday of every month, the bags are distributed to the clients from 10 AM to 1 PM.
• In addition to the clients we serve, we also send enough food for 24 families to the Methodist Community Center which helps the families of the incarcerated. We are very pleased with the service and “best price possible” that we receive from Austintown Rulli Bros when we order to fill our pantry.
• 98% of all monetary donations goes to buying food for the pantry. We are funded solely through donations from individuals, local churches, and local businesses. (Contrary to popular belief, we do not receive food from any other source.)
• In November and December, 6-8 lb. chickens are ordered for all those clients who have been officially signed up with us since May. May is our “beginning-of-the –year” month.
• Also in December, the local churches, businesses, and community groups have a toy drive for us so that our clients can select toys for their children for Christmas.
• There are NO PAID positions in Canfield Operation Blessing. ALL are volunteers, and one could not pick better people with whom to work.
* If you know of anyone who could use food assistance they will need to bring in the following:
Adults: Current Photo ID
Proof of Current Year Income
Proof of Mahoning County Residency
Children: Birth Certificate or Medical Card
* If you would like to make donation to our pantry, please make your check payable to:
Canfield Operation Blessing
P.O. Box 652
Canfield, Ohio 44406
|Founded||Founded by Mary Price in 1986|