|About||The Capital District Light the Lamp Camp is a great option to keep your skater's skills sharp over the summer.|
The 9th Annual Light the Lamp Camp - 2015, a not-for-profit, skills development camp designed to teach offensive tactics, offensive creativity, and scoring skills to forwards and defensemen from mid-April until the end of August. The 18 full ice sessions will be tentatively held on Sundays 12:30– 1:50 pm at SCRF April 12th through the end of June and from 4:00–5:20 pm during July through the end of August 2015.
Light the Lamp Camp 2015 may also include approximately 4-6 mid-week ice sessions which
may include skating skills instruction during the 2nd half of the camp immediately proceeding the start of the 2015-2016 playing season. These sessions are in addition to the Sunday sessions and will be scheduled during July and August, the time and venue TBA subject to ice availability at area arenas.
That’s Almost 23 Hours of On-Ice Skills Instruction!
In addition, we will hold an 60 min, off-ice dryland training session immediately preceding the Sunday on-ice sessions from 11:00–12:15 pm. The dryland training will include age and skill level appropriate plyometric, core strength and conditioning, as well as Quickness, Speed and Agility (SAQ) drills. These 17 scheduled dryland training sessions will be conducted outside on an
“as weather permits” basis. Parents will be notified of cancellations of off-ice sessions by
Email/cell phone text messages.
As part of Capital District Light the Lamp Camp 2015, on-ice instruction will include:
- Individual puck control skills - Denis Savard, Russian Slip, Russian Tap, Russian Move and more...
- Individual offensive moves - Slip Moves, Spin-o-rama, Gordie Howe Pull-ins, Side & Front Fakes...
- Individual offensive tactics instruction - Reading the Goalie, Fakes, Deceptions, Odd man situations.
- High tempo drills designed to reinforce all of these skills at game speed!
- Lots of shooting skills - Slap, Snap, Wrist and Backhands; accuracy and quick release and one-timers.
The cost of Capital District Light the Lamp Camp 2015