The land for Carroll county was ceded by the Creek people in the 1825 Treaty of Indian Springs. The last remaining portion of the Creek's Georgia territory, the land was ceded by William McIntosh, chief of the Lower Creeks. One of the major parks in Carroll County bears Chief McIntosh's name to this day.
The county's boundaries were formally created by the Georgia General Assembly on June 9 of the next year. It was officially named on Dec. 14, 1826 in honor of Charles Carroll of Maryland, who was at that time the last surviving signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence. Carrollton, the county seat, was named for Charles Carroll as well.
Dec. 14, 1826
311 Newnan Rd, Carrollton (GA), 30117, United States