|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Bartender, sound technician and music blogger|
My name is Carys Megan Williams and I have various skills in music production/sound engineering/live sound. I also run a music blog - carysmegansound.com
My academic knowledge is as follows:
An A* in A-Level Music Technology
Currently studying Popular Music (BMus) at University
My experience is as follows:
- 1 year (2013-14) as a live sound technician at a weekly Rock&Pop 'school', including monthly gigs&concerts (this included setting up PA and all equipment before it started, running the sound desk during and packing down after)
- Many hours in the studio in 2012-14 learning and crafting my skills
- 2015 (1st year of uni) was furthering my skills with the Audio Technology module
- Writing, producing and recording my music over the past 3 years
- Producing, arranging and recording others' music
- Recording people of all ages sing
Please see my SoundCloud for old and current projects!
Equipment I own:
- Macbook Pro with Logic X
- Portable 'home' studio:
- Rode NT1-A
- Shure SM7B
- AKG C414 pair
- Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
- Genelec Studio Monitors
What I can currently offer:
- Recording / Sound Engineering
- Mixing tracks
- Arranging / Production
- Live Sound Engineering
Extras I can offer:
- FREE help with GCSE / A-Level Music pieces
- One-to-one or small group workshops on a variety of music skills (songwriting, audio technology, recording) tailored to the individuals
- A second pair of hands for sound / studio engineers!
I can work from a studio, venue, or with my portable home studio I can offer limited recording at any venue (this works best with a solo artist).
Email me with any queries!