|Work hours||Add information|
|About||CDAH Central Coast is a user led peer support organisation run for and by people with disability and their allies. We were set up in the Central Coast in 2018 to assist people with disabilities with establishing peer to peer support networks.|
CDAH Central Coast strives:
* For an inclusive and just society where people with disability have voice, choice, control and active citizenship through social, economic, cultural and political participation,
* To be an independent, user led organisation committed to the rights and best interests of people with disability,
* For people with disability and their families to get the support they need to live the lives they choose,
* To be a collective voice of and for people with disability which promotes full inclusion and active citizenship.
We believe that each person with disability has the right to:
* A good life as a valued and active citizen,
* Genuine voice, choice and control of his/her life,
* Recognition for his/her skills, gifts, abilities and potential,
* Genuine and meaningful inclusion in the social, economic, cultural and political life of the community,
* Have a collective voice which promotes our common experiences.
What we do:
* Increase the knowledge, skills and capacity of people with disability and their families through information, advice, mentoring, peer support, training and development,
* Assist people to get the most out of their packages of support,
* Build the capacity of the community to welcome all people,
* Share our collective lived experience to empower people with disability to have voice, choice and control,
* Uphold and be guided by the principles and articles of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.