|Work hours||Add information|
Center for Creative Economy is a non-profit whose mission is to serve as a catalyst for innovation and help local creative industries grow.
Center for Creative Economy serves as a catalyst for innovation by
• driving product and business development,
• stimulating connections between innovators and businesses, and
• promoting economic development and job growth
through regional programs, infrastructure and professional development.
Prior to CCE's founding, there was no organized effort focused on creative industries. Many of these professionals are nationally and internationally renowned, but are not known locally. CCE is passionate about helping them through our programs, services, and professional development. The center brings people, ideas, and resources together to connect creatives with businesses, students with mentors, and people with jobs. All to benefit our growing creative economy which includes design, architecture, interactive digital media, software development, gaming, publishing, advertising, film, art, crafts, performing arts and broadcasting!
• Triad Design Leadershop -A transformative series to inform, enlighten and inspire business leaders to use Great Design to improve the business’ bottom line. Whether a creative economy practitioner, an entrepreneur or a part of corporate America, attending this series will provide insight on how to use Design Thinking (Great Design) to innovate. Theme for 2014 is "Ugly is Not Profitable!"
• DesignLink - A team of designers, urban planners, and an economic developer collaborating with city agencies, non-profits and private companies in the Triad to solve problems that are design-based or those related to a specific plan or process in need of innovation. Our team has helped small towns and large cities visualize the potential of buildings, empty lots, and entire towns. The team facilitates citizens, business leaders and stakeholders to realize the community's potential and attracts a diverse audience while promoting smart growth and sustainable design.
• Swerve- an initiative to connect businesses, corporations and non-profits with the Triad’s creative innovators
• Creatini- A quarterly event that brings together creative professionals and business leaders in local venues to network and learn about an innovative topic.